My name is Peter Michael Oduor-Odote and I work as a Principal Research Officer at the Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute in Mombasa Kenya. I hold a PhD degree from the University of Surrey (UK).
I am also the Business Development Manager at KMFRI whose objective is to look at opportunities in KMFRI for income generation. In an extracurricular career, I am involved in Theatre and Arts and I am currently the Chairman of the Little Theatre Club Mombasa-the oldest purpose-built theatre centre in the region.
Research Networks: Research Gate
- “Glass Panel Solar Powered Tunnel Dryer” Utility Model Number 112. 22nd July 2016
- “Rack-dried Kimarawali (Dagaa) in soy sauce by Oduor-Odote Peter Michael: Catergory-Utility Model. 150: KE/U/2016/659
- ”Hybrid Windmill-solar-tunnel Dryer” by Oduor-Odote Peter Michael, Douglas Shitanda & Gareth Kituu. Category: Utility Model.NUMBER 152. Ref: KE/U/2016/660
- “Improved Fried Fish Display Box” by Oduor-Odote Peter Michael. Utility Model 151. Ref: KE/u/2016/658
PUBLICATIONS LAST 5 YEARS
- 1.Awuor JF.; Obiero K.; Munguti J.; Oginga JO.; KyuleD.; Opiyo M.A.; Oduor-Odote P.; Yongo E,; Owiti H.; Ochiewo, J (2019). Market Linkages and Distribution Channels of Cultured, Captured and Imported Fish in Kenya Aquaculture Studies, 19(1), xx-xx http://doi.org/10.4194/2618-6381-v19_1_06
- 2.Cyprian O.O; Oduor?Odote, PM and Arason S (2019). The influence of lipid content and pretreatment methods on protein conformation in fish (Capelin, Mallotus villosus) during smoking and drying. Food Science and Nutrition DOI: 10.1002/fsn3.980.
- Oduor-Odote Peter; Shamasundar A.; Booman AC.; Nazlin KH.; Maria A.and Zagarramurdi A (2016): Effect of Raw Material Quality on Quality and Yield of Dried Fish Products. International Journal of Food Processing Technology 3: 54-61
- 4. Odote, P. M. O.; G. M. Kituu.; M. Obiero.; R.Ruwa and N. H.Howell (2015). “Performance evaluation of hybrid thin layer solar tunnel-windmill dryer in the drying of brined and non-brined Tafi (Siganus sutor) Fish. AgreInt. CGIR Vol. 17 No. 1. Pp 273-283
- 5. Ogongo Bernard Ochieng, Musungu Kathleen Khakasa and Odote Peter Oduor; (2015); Observation of the Saxitoxin Producing Microalgae in the Kenyan Kilindini Port Creek Waters; Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Science, 2015 ISSN 1816-4927 / DOI: 10.3923/jfas.2015.
- 6. Ogongo Benard Ochieng, Odote Peter M. Oduor, Mlanda Mwangemi Nyale (2015). Effects of Vacuum packaging on the Microbiological, Chemical, Textural and Sensory changes of the Solar Rack Dried Sardines during Chill Storage. Bacteriology Journal 5 (1) : 25-39. ISSN 2153-0211/DOI : 10.3923/bj
- Ogongo Benard Ochieng’, Odote Peter Michael Oduor and Mlanda Mwangemi Nyale (2015). Biochemical and Nutritional quality of sardines using raised solar rack dryers off Kenyan coast. Journal of Food Resource Science 4 : (2) :33-42. Issn 2244-3550/DOI 10.3923/jfrs
- 8.Odoli, C.O.; Oduor-Odote, PM ; Ohowa B ; Onyango S.O. (2013) :Evaluation of fis handling tchniques employed by artisanal fishers on quality of Lethrinids and Siganids fish genera at landing time along the Kenyan coast using sensory and microbiological methods. AJFAND Vol.13 ; No.5 8167-8186
- 9.Odoli C.O. ; Odote, P.O ; Lauzon, H ; Mttinsdottir E and Arason, S (2013) :Microbiological quality and shelflife of fresh packaged Tilapia fillets stored under different chill temperatures. Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Sciences 2 (4) :2431-2455