I have been involved in Seagrass research in which I was able to do seagrass ecosystem fragmentation documentation and assessment of natural recovery of degraded beds, seagrass Ecosystem Biodiversity (under KCDP) , seagrass Ecosystem restoration of degraded beds and seagrass monitoring for seagrassNet (a worldwide network)
MSc. In Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (Fisheries Management option) from UoE – Continuing since Sept. 2014.
BSc. Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences – UoE (2nd Class) 2012.
Diploma in Applied Biology – TUM (Previously Mombasa Polytechnic)
- Muthama C.M. and J.N. Uku, 2003. Macrofaunal assemblages of littoral seagrass communities. Jan Hoorweg & Nyawira Muthiga(Eds.). Recent Advances in Coastal Ecology. African Studies Centre Research Report 70:51-63.
- Uku, J., Ndirangu, S., Muthama, C. and Kimathi, A. 2005. An evaluation of the effect of sea urchin herbivory in the Diani- Chale lagoon. Preliminary report No 1. A KMFRI/CORDIO collaborative project report. 8pp.
- Uku, J., Ndirangu, S., Muthama, C., Kimathi, A. and Kilonzi, J. 2007. An evaluation of the effect of sea urchin herbivory in the Diani-Chale lagoon: recovery potential of the seagrass habitat. Preliminary Report II. A KMFRI/CORDIO collaborative project report. 13 pp.
- Daudi, L., Victor A. M., and Muthama, C.M., (2014). Seagrass Restoration Technical Protocol. Report Submitted to KCDP in preparation for seagrass restoration along the Kenyan Coast. 10pp.
- Daudi, L, Victor A. M., and Muthama C.M., (2014). Strategy on Restoration of Degraded Seagrass Ecosystems along the Kenyan Coast. Rpt to be used in Implementation of Seagrass Restoration by KCDP. 13pp.
- Ochiewo J., Maricela de la Torre-Castro, C. Muthama, F. Munyi and J. M., Nthuta. 2010. Socio-economic features of sea cucumber fisheries in southern coast of Kenya. Ocean and Coastal Management. ELSEVIER. 53. 192 – 202.