Charles Mitto Kosore works in the directorate of ocean and coastal systems (OCS). He currently studies Land-Based Anthropogenic Activities and their Influence on Microplastics and Heavy Metals Pollution in Kenya’s Marine and Coastal Environments.
Running projects: Project coordinator; Assessment of the Ecological Aspects of Microplastic Pollution in Dar Es Salaam, Zanzibar and Mombasa Coastal Marine Environments (MICROMARINE)
Research networks: ResearchGate
- Final year PhD student in Chemistry,
- MSc Quality in Analytical Labs,
- Higher Diploma Analytical Chemistry,
- Diploma Analytical Chemistry
- Kosore, C.M., Ojwang, L., Maghanga, J., Kamau, J., Shilla, D., Everaert, G., Khan, F. R., and Shashoua, Y. (2022). Microplastics in Kenya's marine nearshore surface waters: Current status. Marine Pollution Bulletin. Vol. 179, June 2022, 113710, doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2022.113710
- Joseph Kamau , Oliver Ochola, Boaz Ohowa, Charles Mitto, Charles Magori, Chepkemboi Labatt, Melckzedeck Osore, Shigalla B. Mahongo, and Margaret S. Kyewalyanga (2020). Employing multivariate analysis to determine the drivers of productivity on the North Kenya Bank and in Kenyan territorial waters. WIO Journal of Marine Science Special Issue 1 / 2020 33-41
- Joseph Kamau, Noah Ngisiange, Oliver Ochola, James Kilionzi, Amon Kimeli, Shigalla B. Mahongo, Harrison Onganda, Charles Mitto, Boaz Ohowa, Charles Magori, Edward Kimani, Melckzedeck Osore (2020). Factors influencing spatial patterns in primary productivity in Kenyan territorial waters. WIO Journal of Marine Science Special Issue 1 / 2020 9-18
- C Kosore, L Ojwang, J Maghanga, J Kamau, A Kimeli, J Omukoto, N Ngisiag’e, J Mwaluma1, H Ong’ada, C Magori and E Ndirui. (2018). Occurrence and Ingestion of Microplastics by Zooplankton in Kenya’s Marine Environment: First Documented Evidence, African Journal of Marine Science, 10.2989/1814232X.2018.1492969 (ACCEPTED).
- M. Kosore, M.D. Galindo-Riano and M. D?´az-de-Alba., Assessing trace-element mobility in Algeciras Bay (Spain) sediments by acid and complexing screening. Arabian Journal of Chemistry (2015), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.arabjc.2015.06.041
- Joseph Kamau, Jane Catherine Ngila, Bernard Kirui, Stephen Mwangi, Charles Mitto Kosore, Veronica Wanjeri and Sturky Okumu, (2015). Spatial variability of the rate of organic carbon mineralization I a sewage impacted forest, Mikindani, Kenya, Soils Sediments, 15:2466–2475.
- Wanjeri, V.O, Okuku, E.O, Ohowa, B.O, Kosore, M.C. and Ongore, C.O., (2013). An insight into ecotoxicological significance of PAHs contamination in selected Kenyan estuaries, Journal of Environmental Science and Water Resources, Vol. 2 (5), pp. 157 – 166.
- M. Díaz-de Alba, M.D. Galindo-Riaño, M.J. Casanueva-Marenco, M. García-Vargas, C.M. Kosore, (2011). Assessment of the metal pollution, potential toxicity and speciation of sediment from Algeciras Bay (South of Spain) using chemometric tools, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 190, 177–187.