Dr. Betty Nyonje
KMFRI Nairobi Office
Aquaculture Research, Policy, Training and Development
PhD, Agriculture (Aquaculture)
- B M Nyonje, M A Opiyo, P S Orina, J Abwao3, M Wainaina and H Charo Karisa, Current status of freshwater fish hatcheries, broodstock management and fingerling production in the Kenya aquaculture sector. Livestock Research for Rural Development 30 (1) 2018
- Ogello, E.O., Nyonje, B.M., Van Stappen, G. (2014). Genetic differentiation of Artemia franciscana (Kellog, 1906) in Kenyan coastal saltworks. IJAR Vol 2 Issue 4. 1154 – 1164.
- Ogello EO, Mlingi FT, Nyonje BM, Charo-Karisa H and JM Munguti J. (2013) Can integrated livestock-fish culture be a solution to East Africa’s food insecurity? A review . AJFAND Vol. 13 No. 4 pg. 8059 – 8076
- Nyonje BM, Gwada PO, Ochiewo J, Mwangi SN, Okuku EO, Anyango JO, Nzioka AM and Magangi NO. (2013) Introduction of the seaweed Kappapycus alvarezi in the South Coast of Kenya : Seaweed farming progress report. 41 pg.
- Safina Musa, Christopher Mulanda Aura, George Owiti, Betty Nyonje, Paul Orina and Harrison Charo-Karisa (2012). Fish farming enterprise productivity program (FFEPP) as an impetus to Oreochromis niloticus (L.) farming in Western Kenya: Lessons to learn. African Journal of Agricultural Research Vol. 7(8), pp. 1324-1330.
- Nyonje, B.M., Charo, H.K. Macharia, S., Mbugua, H.M. (2012). Aquaculture development in Kenya; Status, Potential and Challenges. Samaki News Vol. 7. No. 1. Pgs. 8 – 19.
- Nyonje, B.M. Charo, H.K, Opio, M. A. Wainaina M. W. (2012) Building capacity for good quality tilapia seed production in Kenya: Evaluating quality of seed produced by accreditated hatcheries for the Fish Farming Enterprise Productivity Program.
- Gwada, P.O., Mwangi, S.N., Nyonje B.M. and Ochiewo J.O. (2010) Implementing an Environmental Monitoring Plan for demonstration and commercial seaweed farms in the South Coast of Kenya: Monitoring and Mitigation of impacts of seaweed farming the south coast of Kenya.
- Betty M. Nyonje, Elisha Mrabo, Norah Magangi, Alex Kimathi and Dan Odiwuor: Seaweed Farming In Kenya: A Community Initiative For Poverty Alleviation And Employment Creation: Aquatic Resources of Kenya (Ark-II) Aquatic Research for Development, (16th -19th November, 2010) held at the Kenya Wildlife Training Institute, Naivasha Kenya
- Betty M. Nyonje and Frank Kirshbaum: Experimental studies on cyclical reproduction of tropical African freshwater catfish Paraeutropius buffei. Resources of Kenya (Ark-II) Aquatic Research for Development, (16th -19th November, 2010) held at the Kenya Wildlife Training Institute, Naivasha Kenya