Edna has been working in the field of aquatic sciences and in particular fisheries socioeconomics for a long time. She is a graduate student of Moi University, school of environmental studies with a B.Sc in Management information systems from the united states international university in Nairobi.
She is a certified wetland steward with trainings from wetland international and Wageningen Centre for Innovation and Development in the Netherlands in 2015. She has been awarded two certifications in the field of (i) Ocean Governance at the International Oceans institute in Cape town South Africa (2017) and (ii) Fisheries Governance at Wageningen Centre for Innovation and Development, Netherlands (2015). She has also attained an international diploma in The Law of the Sea at Yeosu Academy of the law of the sea in South Korea (2016).
She is a member of the East African Water Association and has published in various journals.
- Mphil -Environmental studies (monitoring, planning and management) - Moi University- Eldoret
- PGD- Human resource management- Maseno university- Maseno
- BSc - (Management Information Systems) United States International University-Nairobi
- Mulanda Aura, C.S. Nyamweya, C.O. Odoli, H. Owiti, J.M. Njiru, P.W. Otuo, E. Waithaka, J. Malala, Consequences of calamities and their management: the case of COVID-19 pandemic and flooding on inland capture fisheries in Kenya, Journal of Great Lakes Research (2020)
- Keyombe James L., Obiero K., Waithaka E., Outa N. Understanding selected growth aspects in Redbelly Tilapia, Coptodon zilli (Gervais) and Largemouth Bass, Micropterus salmoides (Lacepède) in Lake Naivasha, Kenya; Fisheries Management Perspective. Pan Africa Journal of Sciences Vol 1:2
- Waithaka E., Yongo E.,Outa N., Mutethya E., (2020).Population Biology of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) in Lake Naivasha, Kenya. Lakes & Reserv.00:1– 6.DOI: 10.1111/lre.12319
- Mutethya E., Yongo E., Waithaka E.,(2020).Population biology of common carp, Cyprinus carpio (Linnaeus,1758), in Lake Naivasha, Kenya. 2020 Lakes & Reserv.; 00:1–8. DOI: 10.1111/lre.12322
- Waithaka E, Priscilla B, George M , Antony Nzioka and James Last. (2019) Trends in fishing on Lake Naivasha and their implications for management African Journal of Tropical Hydrobiology and Fisheries 17:9-16© Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization
- Waithaka E, Priscilla B, Alice M, Anthony N, George M, et al. (2018) Assessment of Macrophyte Populations in Lake Naivasha, Kenya; Using GIS and Remote Sensing. J Environ Pollut Manage 1: 202.
- Keyombe JLA, Lewo RM, Waithaka E, Mutie A, Boera P (2018) Has the Latest Fish Introduction in Lake Naivasha Improved Income of Fishermen? The Economics of Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) in Lake Naivasha. Fish Aqua J 9: 250. doi:10.4172/2150-3508.1000250
- Waithaka Edna., Keyombe J.L and Lewo R. (2017) illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing in Lake Naivasha: Are we winning or losing? Environmental science Vol 13 (2)
- Waithaka Edna., Keyombe J.L and Boera P (2017) Angling: An emerging fishery in Lake Naivasha? J. Biodiversity and Endangered Species Vol 5: 1.
- James Last Keyombe., Waithaka E,. ( 2017) Analysis of some aspects of water quality of Lake Naivasha. International journal of chemical life sciences.
- James Njiru., Edna Waithaka & Penina Aloo (2017) An overview of Lake Naivasha fishery: Challenges and Management strategies. The open fish science Journal, 2017, 10, 1-12.
- James Last Keyombe., Malala J., Waithaka E,. R. lewo . (2017) Seasonal changes in length weight relationship and condition factor of Nile tilapia, oreochromis niloticus (Linnaeus 1758) (Cichlidae) in lake Naivasha, Kenya.Int. J. Aquat. Biol. (2017) 5 (1): 7-11
SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- GLOW 9 emerging frontiers for African Great Lakes. Promoting blue economy, food security and conservation. Aug 5th -7th 2019 in Kisumu, Kenya
2.Sustainable Blue Economy Conference (SBEC) from 26th to 28th November , 2018 at the KICC, Nairobi, kenya
3.Stakeholders consultative workshop on environmental and socio impact assessment ESEA for the proposed Olkaria Wellhead lasing and industrial park electricity distribution network projects on 24th May 2018 at Kengen Olkaria socio hall
4.Integrity Assurance Officers Training at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology, Kisii 20th -24th November 2017
5.Ocean Governance at the International Oceans institute in Cape town South Africa 29th August – 2nd October 2017
6.Wetlands, Integrated water resource management and food security at Wageningen Centre for Innovation and Development in the Netherlands June 4th -25th 2017
- Fisheries Governance course at Wageningen Centre for Innovation and Development, Netherlands, 30th November- 18th December 2015.
8.International Course on The Law of the Sea at Yeosu Academy of the law of the sea 31st October – 11th November 2016 at Yeosu, South Korea.