Alice is a researcher based in Naivasha station and holds an MSc. in Biochemistry and a BSc. (Biochemistry and Chemistry) from the University of Nairobi. She has collaborated in implementation of several projects funded by different donors both locally and internationally. She has been engaged in several research activities in Lake Naivasha and Lake Victoria: Water quality monitoring and assessment, fish parasites, value addition and post-harvest losses. Alice has participated in several workshops and conferences both in and outside the country.
- Research Networks: ResearcGate
MSc. in Biochemistry from the University of Nairobi.
BSc. (Biochemistry and Chemistry) from the University of Nairobi.
- Mwainge, V. M, Ogwai, C., Mulanda, C.A.,Mutie, A., Ombwa, V., Nyaboke, H., Oyier, K.N., Nyaundi, J. (2021). An overview of fish disease and parasite occurrence in the cage culture of Oreochromis niloticus: A case study in Lake Victoria, Kenya. Aquatic Ecosyem Health & Management Society, 24 43–55
- Mutie, A., Waithaka, E., Morara, G., Boera, P., Mwamburi, J., Keyombe, J. L., & Obegi, B. (2020). Population characteristics of Oreochromis niloticus (Linnaeus, 1758) in light of varying water quality conditions of adjoined Lakes Naivasha and Oloidien in Kenya. Pan Africa Science Journal, 1(01), 54–71. https://doi.org/10.47787/pasj.2020.02.20
- Waithaka E, Boera P, Obegi B, Mutie A, Morara G, Loki P, et al. (2020) The Impacts of Co-Management Towards Sustainable Development and Utilization of Fisheries Resources in Lake Naivasha, Kenya. Poult Fish Wildl Sci 8:209. doi: 10.35248/2375-446X.20.8.209.
- N. Obegi, I. Sarfo, G. N. Morara, P. Boera, E. Waithaka & A. Mutie (2020). Bio-economic modeling of fishing activities in Kenya: the case of Lake Naivasha Ramsar site. Journal of Bioeconomics, DOI 10.1007/s10818-019-09292-2
- Waithaka E, Boera P, Morara G, Nzioka A, Mutie A and Keyombe JL (2019). Trends in Fishing on Lake Naivasha and their Implications for Management. African Journal of Tropical Hydrobiology and Fisheries 17: 9-15
- Waithaka E, Boera P., Mutie, A., Nzioka A., Morara, G. M, et al. (2018) Assessment of Macrophyte Populations in Lake Naivasha, Kenya; Using GIS and Remote Sensing. J Environ Pollut Manage 1: 202.
- Keyombe JLA, Lewo RM, Waithaka E, Mutie A, Boera P (2018). Has the Latest Fish Introduction in Lake Naivasha Improved Income of Fishermen? The Economics of Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) in Lake Naivasha. Fish Aqua J 9: 250
- Mutie A, Ojwang W, Werimo K, Omondi R and Ouko J (2015). Intriguing case of ecosystem dynamics in the Lake Victoria: Water Hyacinth (Eichhornia crassipes) and Escherichia coli. Int. J. of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies. 2(5): 110-113
- Ombwa V, Orwa P, Mutie A, Omondi R, Werimo K and Ouko J (2015). Effect of Eichhornia crassipes on coliforms load in small water bodies within Lake Victoria basin, Kenya. African Journal of Microbiology Research. 9 (10): 736-740
- Abubakar, L.U. Mutie, A.M. Kenya, E.U. and Muhoho, A. (2012). Characterization of algae (oilgae) and its potential as biofuel in Kenya. Journal of Applied Phytotechnology in Environmental Sanitation. 1(4):147-153
- James M., Last, J., Yongo, E., Werimo, K., Mutie, A., Waithaka, E. Morara G., Aura, C. and Nyamweya C. (2018). The Lake Naivasha Fisheries. In: Kimani E.N., Aura M.C. and Okemwa G.M. (Eds.). The Status of Kenya Fisheries: Towards the sustainable use of renewable aquatic resources for economic development. Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI), Kenya. 179 pp